What is the Difference Between a Land Rover and a Range Rover?
Many New York drivers think that the terms “Land Rover” and “Range Rover” are interchangeable. However, what differentiates these terms is make vs. model. Land Rover is the brand name (or “make”) of the vehicle, and the Range Rover is a specific Land Rover model. Additionally, “Range Rover” is the name of the four-vehicle lineup within the entire Land Rover lineup. The lineup is also known as the “Range Rover family,” which consists of Range Rover, the Range Rover Sport, the Range Rover Velar, and the Range Rover Evoque. Learn more about the difference between Land Rover vs. Range Rover with Land Rover Manhattan near Fort Lee.
Land Rover vs. Range Rover: Land Rover Range Rover Models
You have plenty of options to choose from when you decide to secure the keys to one of the Land Rover Range Rover models. The name carries through four models that include:
- Land Rover Range Rover– This SUV is the original Range Rover model, and it remains one of the most luxurious Land Rover models available. Notable for its advancement in power and off-roading capabilities, Englewood drivers can still bask in luxury with features such as Rear Executive Class Seats, a Head-Up Display, and Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting.
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport– The difference between the Range Rover Sport and the classic Range Rover is that the Sport is more performance-oriented with a powerful 5.0-liter Supercharged V8 gas engine and all-wheel drive for expert handling on The Bronx roads.
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar– Released in 2017, the Range Rover Velar is known as the “avant-garde Land Rover,” due to its sleek silhouette and high-class design elements like flush door handles, a floating roofline, and more.
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque – As the most compact member of the Range Rover family, the Evoque boasts a luxurious design, advanced features, and off-road capabilities at a more affordable price.
Additional Land Rover Models
While the Range Rover name is attached to four of the Land Rover models, three models aren’t included in the Range Rover lineup. These model include:
- Land Rover Discovery – The Discovery is the largest Land Rover. This model is the optimal choice for New York drivers seeking a versatile vehicle that can handle the everyday drive as well as the road less traveled.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport– The Sport model of the Discovery offers many of the same features as its predecessors, but it is much more equipped for adventures.
- Land Rover Defender – Brought back for the 2020 model year, the Land Rover Defender is the most rugged Land Rover yet.
Learn More About the Land Rover Brand at Land Rover Manhattan
Find out more about Land Rover vs. Range Rover models with Land Rover Manhattan. If there are any models in particular that you’d like to experience firsthand, contact us to arrange a test drive!
More from Land Rover Manhattan
The 2021 Land Rover Range Rover comes packed with top-notch capabilities, from six possible high-performing engines to a suite of advanced interior features. Among these impressive capabilities is the Range Rover towing capacity, which varies depending on the engine type you choose. Our expert team at Land Rover Manhattan has put together a handy guide on…
Many New York drivers think that the terms “Land Rover” and “Range Rover” are interchangeable. However, what differentiates these terms is make vs. model. Land Rover is the brand name (or “make”) of the vehicle, and the Range Rover is a specific Land Rover model. Additionally, “Range Rover” is the name of the four-vehicle lineup…
If you’re in the market for an SUV that can double as a daily commuter vehicle and your off-roading companion, the 2021 Land Rover Defender is just what you need. The Defender interior is luxurious and filled with technologies that will keep you connected and comfortable when on the go. But, how much is the…